The truth is that we were never going to win. The defeat in 2010 was so massive that it would take more than 5 years to overcome.
Credit to Ed for keeping the Party together and making us credible. In 2020 voters will not give the Tories the benefit of the doubt again.
- Share of Vote for Labour in 2010 was 29%. The worse result since 1922.
- There has only been once in 100 years a one term British Government (and that was February 1974 after the 1973 Oil crisis, coal strike and 3 day week)
- Nationalism in Scotland and fear of SNP amongst floating Tory voters
- Ruthless Tory Party machine decimates Liberals & attacks our financial record
- It was an international crisis but the economic crash in 2008 took place on Labour's watch.
- It is too slow, patchy and uneven but we are finally coming out of recession
- Wages are starting to rise, inflation is very low, unemployment down and house prices high
- Who could have predicted the collapse in energy markets - it's now 25% cheaper to fill up my car
- as always in British politics "its the economy stupid".