- Public Services Pension Act and the LGPS
- How are the LGPS funds currently governed and UNISON proposals for change
- UNISON plan to meet the organising challenge of governance reform
- Economic performance of the LGPS funds
- Costs, structure and mergers – a panel debate – external speakers offer their views
- Responsible investment – in and outside the LGPS – a panel discussion
Saturday, August 31, 2013
UNISON LGPS Seminar "Governance, Economics and Performance"
National Seminar: Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS)
Governance, Economics and Performance
Monday 30th September 2013 - 10.30am to 3.30pm
UNISON Centre – 130 Euston Road, London
The union’s Capital Stewardship Programme is holding a seminar for all regions and branches on the governance and economics of the LGPS. There are major reforms being proposed by the government for the management and organisation of the LGPS funds in England and Wales.
These can be found here on the UNISON web site http://www.unison.org.uk/at-work/local-government/key-issues/pension-power/resources/
The union has began a major organising campaign to discuss how best regions and branches can respond to these reforms.
Subjects for presentation include
Email for registration form email@example.com
Colin Meech, National Officer, Capital Stewardship Programme