I pledge to:-
- · Hold regular surgeries in the ward;
- · Attend ward meetings and community events
- · Make written and verbal reports.
- · Campaign for Labour.
- · Represent the ward and constituents to the very best of my abilities.
As a Councillor I will continue to argue for:-
- A London Living wage for all Council workers (including agency) and make Newham a Living Wage Borough.
- · Improve governance to prevent further financial failures such as the LOBO loans and London Stadium.
- · As a founder member of “Newham against Austerity” I want to support our Schools to remain in the Newham family of Schools and campaign against cuts.
- · I want to bring back in-house the management of outsourced Council Services and the Council to sign the Ethical Care Charter.
- · We need to build far more decent homes at social rents
- · Provide better youth services and citizen advice provision.
My main job is as a housing officer, I am also a school governor, Pension and Charity trustee and UNISON trade union activist (and member of its National Executive Committee).
(All Newham Council candidates have to submit a 200 word statement to selection meetings. Picture of me speaking as a UNISON delegate at London Labour Party Conference on a Social Housing motion)