Saturday, December 10, 2016

"Get help staying warm this winter" UNISON "there4you" fuel grants

Application forms for this years winter £50 fuel grants from UNISON charity arm "There for You" are now out. 

In  a welcome pilot this year UNISON members will be entitled to claim if they are in receipt of Housing benefit which should make it simpler to claim for many, especially if they live in high rent areas such as London. Otherwise you can claim if you have net household income of less than £18,000 and savings less than £800.

Branches should encourage members to get the application forms in as soon  as possible since there is only a certain pot of money available. Applications have to be by Friday 17 February 2017. 

UNISON members facing other forms of financial and emotional difficulties can contact their branch welfare officer or "There for You" direct at or ring UNISONdirect on 0800 0 857 857.

If you’re worried about money you can talk to an adviser at UNISON Debtline on 0800 389 3302. Lines are open from 8am to 9pm Monday to Friday, and from 9am to 3pm on Saturday.

No comments: