"Join us in Birmingham or online to discuss tackling poor housing standards across all tenures.
Winter is coming and millions of people are living in housing that is not suitable. From mould, to poor insulation and soundproofing, the quality of our homes has a major effect on our health and wellbeing.
While many people will go cold this winter, too many landlords, builders and developers are cashing in on a weak regulatory and enforcement regime up and down the country. Even newly built homes are beset with faults, with owners and renters struggling to get redress.
The good news is it doesn’t have to be this way. Join the Labour Housing Group, experts, campaigners and policy makers in Birmingham (or online!) to discuss how to create the homes we all need and deserve.
There will be workshops looking at maintenance and standards in all tenures: private rented, public rented, and owner-occupied homes.
- Lisa Nandy MP, Shadow Secretary of State for Levelling Up, Communities and Housing
- Councillor Sharon Thompson, Birmingham City Council lead for Housing and Homelessness
- Vicky Spratt, journalist and and housing rights campaigner
- Tilly Smith, Generation Rent
- Jacky Peacock, Advice4Renters
- Councillor Kerrie Carmichael, Leader of Sandwell Council
- Dr Jill Stewart, Senior Lecturer in Housing & Environmental Health, Middlesex University
- Martin Wicks, Labour Campaign for Council Housing
- Cllr John Gray, UNISON activist / Housing worker
The event is open to Labour Party members and supporters.
A lunch will be available for a small contribution of £6.
Join us in Birmingham, 22nd October, 11-3pm
The Warehouse – Birmingham Friends of the Earth environmental community hub 54-57 Allison Street Birmingham B5 5TH
Join us on Zoom:
Meeting ID: 845 0691 6842
Post a Comment