What are UNISON There for You School Uniform Grants?
In addition to our normal range of services and in response to the growing difficulties many members on low income face, a programme has been put in place that will assist our most vulnerable members with the cost of purchasing school uniforms.
· A member who has paid 4 weeks subscriptions before the launch date of this programme (23/5/16)
· Have a total net annual household income of £18,000 or less. [Note:By household income we mean net earnings after tax, national insurance, pension deductions of you, your partner and any other adults living in the property. Please also refer to next bullet point:
· The following is not included as income for the purpose of this specific grants programme:
- Disability Living Allowance, Personal Independence Payments, Child Benefit and the childcare cost element only of Working Tax Credit
· Responsible for meeting household bills and struggling to pay them
· Financially responsible for the child/children.
· Not eligible for funding for uniform costs from your Local Authority
· You must not have received financial assistance from UNISON There for You during the previous six months
· Applications are limited to one per household
· Ensure you send all requested paperwork with the form or the application cannot be accepted
How do I apply?
To apply for a School Uniform Grant simply:
· Download from our website www.unison.org/thereforyou
· Contact Unison Direct on 0800 0857 857 for a form to be posted to you
· Provide us with evidence of your entire household income by sending copies of :
o You and your partner (if applicable) last month’s payslip(s)
o Last full month’s bank statements for all bank accounts held by you and your partner (if applicable)
· Submit the form along with the completed short survey by 15 July 2016.
· Post your application including all supporting paperwork to: UNISON Welfare, UNISON Centre, 130 Euston Road, London NW1 2AY.