In the debate on our Grovember campaign I shared with the NEC a story about successfully recruiting a new UNISON member via a mobile phone (while in a pub - but alcohol did not play a meaningful part in this process - honest).
I will be putting my name forward as a candidate again for the UNISON Community NEC General seat 2019/2020. The nomination process starts next month.
"UNISON’s final NEC meeting of 2018 opened with “good news to end the year on and a great way to start 2019”.
- agreed an updated policy on Brexit to oppose Theresa May’s proposed deal as not meeting the union’s six tests and calling for a general election
- received an update on pay campaigns and industrial action across the union’s service groups;
- agreed the union’s objectives for 2019;
- agreed the budget for 2019 and approved the management accounts for the past 10 months;
- approved the election procedures for next year’s NEC elections;
- agreed policy on motions not reached at the 2018 national delegate conference.