UNISON has spotted that the Tories are proposing to stop local authorities using developers contributions (so called section 106 money) to fund homes for low income families.
Instead it will be used to subsidise first time buyers of private homes.
This will decimate local authorities ability to have homes built for low income families.
If the Government wants to support first time buyers then that is great, but do not do this at the expense of desperate vulnerable homeless or overcrowded families.
So check out UNISON resource links below on these "First Homes" proposals and respond :-
- download and share the UNISON briefing;
- find out more about the government consultation, including how to respond and download the consultation document;
- use UNISON’s housing affordability tool to find out how the housing crisis will affect you and your family. Make sure you share your result on social media and email your MP on the subject;
- tweet to your MP and ask them to support the policies in our housing manifesto and the manifesto summary – using the hashtag #UNISONHousingManifesto;
- find out more about UNISON’s housing campaign.