As a Regional Council officer I joined the UNISON London Regional procession which had a great team of enthusiastic drummers in front of our banner.
The rally in Hyde Park was rather soggy but some fantastic speeches, in particular by young exploited agency, waitering and retail workers, who are fighting back against poverty pay and insecure contracts.
The event seems to have got more publicity than similar marches in the past. In light of the current worse wage squeeze in 200 years we should not be surprised.
The photobombing was entirely unplanned :)
Below is what the TUC are calling for:-
1. We need a minimum wage of £10 an hour, now.
2. Ban those exploitative zero hours contracts.
3. Fund our NHS and public services properly.
4. Repeal the trade union act which makes it harder for us to stand up for working people.
5. Crack down on tax dodgers who starve our schools and hospitals of funding.