I have finally booked a ticket online (free for members of the LHG) for the Policy day on Saturday 16 September 2023 at Peterborough. The theme will be "Shouting out for rural affordable housing: what should Labour's policies be?". As a UNISON NEC member representing housing workers in cities and villages I am keen to learn more.
"Join Labour members, politicians, and housing experts on September 16th for Labour Housing Group’s annual Policy Day. This will be a hybrid event, open to all Labour members and supporters, taking place in the Queensgate Hotel, Peterborough with online attendance possible.
We are delighted to be cooperating with ‘Labour Coast & Country’ to bring a focus to the under-explored policy area of rural housing. We will discuss the current state of rural housing, possible policy solutions, and what Labour should offer.
This will be a chance to get involved in workshops and discussion with like-minded Labour members, as well as listening to some enlightening speakers & broadening your housing knowledge.
Some of our speakers will include:
- Cllr John Cotton, Chair of Labour Housing Group & leader of Birmingham City Council.
- Baroness Sue Hayman, Shadow DLUHC & DEFRA Spokesperson, & Shadow Secretary of State for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs 2017-2019
- Alex Mayer, Former MEP & Committee member of ‘Labour Coast & Country’.
- Dr Nik Johnson, Mayor of Cambridgeshire & Peterborough
- Jo Lavis, Director of Rural Housing Solutions
The day will last from 10.45am- 15.30pm. Though the event will be free, lunch will cost £7.95, Payable on the day.
As the event is hybrid, a zoom link will be sent once you have registered.